7 Reasons Why Cork Mats Are Simply Better
One of the first questions that people ask when they are looking for a yoga mat is what type of material it is made out of. Cork mats are eco-friendly and sustainable, as well as anti-microbial and biodegradable. Cork mats also work great if you like to workout from home because they won’t leave any nasty smell on your floor or carpet due to their non-toxic nature. Cork yoga mats are not only good for you but also for the environment!
The Meditana Eco Workout Mat is made of cork and backed with recycled foam. The cork comes from the bark of a Cork Oak tree. Cork oak trees grow in warmer climates and have been harvested for more than 2000 years to make wine bottle stoppers as well as flooring, insulation, acoustic tiles, wallpaper backing and even shoe soles.
Here are 7 reason why cork yoga mats are superior to regular yoga mats!
- Renewable material - Cork trees live up to 200 years, so it's not an ingredient that will run out anytime soon.
- Anti-bacterial - Cork has natural anti bacteria properties which make for a safe workout environment! Cork
- Non-toxic - Cork is a natural material that doesn't off gas harmful chemicals which is great for those who work out at home! Cork yoga mats can be recycled and/or reused in other projects like furniture, art installations or even houses!
- Recyclable &biodegradable - Cork yoga mats can be recycled and composted.
- Plastic Free - Cork mats are free from phthalates
- Free from Pthalates - Cork Yoga Mats are free from phthalates which are known to cause Asthma, ADHD, breast cancer, obesity/diabetes, including a number of neurological, behavioural, reproductive and developmental issues.
- Balanced - without being too flexible or too hard. Cork provides a balance of firmness and flexibility with the right amount of padding for your needs!
In conclusion, along with being completely eco-friendly, its not hard to see why Cork Yoga Mats are superior.